School for Wellbeing
19 Jul 2014
Action Research Workshop and Rights Livelihood Lecture
2-12 July 2014, Thailand
CLICK HERE to open photo page
19 Jul 2014
3rdMekong Youth Alliance for Agroecology Workshop
2-12 AUG 2014
Songkla Province, Thailand
Strong regional network of new generation Mekong organic farmers inspiring the world.
Purpose of the workshop:
The workshop emphasizes on empowering roles of new generation organics and strengthening their learning capacities on systemic changes and challenges in farming and food resources. Main proposes for MekongYOFs Workshop 2014 are;
· To understand causes and changes in economic, social and environmental contexts in relation to farming and farmers’ livelihood in a holistic way.
· To exchange about changes mitigation and adaptation methods, tools, strategies and innovations (including marketing and product development) for improving farming conditions and learning.
· To strengthen network and cooperation among new generation organics (e.g. YOFs) under common vision of “Occupy Your Life” and add value to their existing works.
The expected results of the workshop are 2 folds; among MekongYOFs and to inspire wider groups and public;
· Diverse experiences and knowledge in farming from MekongYOFs are shared and captured.
· Practical knowledge and understanding of systemic changes and opportunities in farming gained among MekongYOFs to realize common vision.
· Strategy to realize common goal among MekongYOFs formulated as well as gained value in their existing workboth in individual and organizatioknal level
Inspire wider groups and public;
· Public understood and aware of MekongYOFs activities and dynamism.
The workshop consists of 4 main components;
1. Theory and learning tools – 30%
2. Practices and techniques – 50%
3. Sharing and exchanges – 10%
4. Culture and friendship – 10%
31 May 2014
Schedule and curriculum for the Summer School programme on Intercultural Dialogue on Food, Water and Wellbeing Economics is now available.
05 Nov 2013
Jakob von Uexküll (Sweden/Germany)
22 Oct 2013
Towards Organic Asia Partners Meeting 2013
Date: MON 18th – FRI 22nd NOV 2013
Place: Centre for Development Workers, Bulae In, Bago Region, Myanmar
Organizers: METTA Development Foundation and Towards Organic Asia Programme
§ Action-research workshop; 18 – 19 NOV (Working Group on Action-research)
§ Field excursion; 20 NOV
§ Partners meeting; 21 – 22 NOV
§ Steering committee meeting; 22 NOV (Closed group)
21 May 2013
International Forum on Innovating Alternative Markets towards Food Security and
03 Nov 2012
On 12th – 15th OCT 2012, thirty-six young farmers and activists from 10 countries gathered together at Tha Tang Organic Farm, Sekong Province in Laos and raised their voices on occupied lives. During the 4-days workshop, young farmers, many of them first time out of their countries, had a chance to exchange their visions and worked together with other like-minded fellow...
05 Oct 2011
08 Jul 2011
25-27 August 2011
Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
If doubts prevail whether ‘the welfare state’ is a feasible option for Asian societies, and ‘populism’ – driven by the market-economy and intending to satisfy the needs of citizens at an artificial level only – is increasingly rejected as an un-sustainable solution, other alternatives will have to be explored.
Re-thinking the fundamentals of ‘property’ may lead the way to unlock new development paradigms. An enormous diversity of new movements of living alternatives has come up since the 1970’s. To mention only a few: the World Social Forum, ‘Cultural Creatives’, the Eco-villages and Transition-towns movement, social entrepreneurship, the Commons Movement.
At the dawn of UNCED 2012, twenty years after the groundbreaking conference in Rio de Janeiro, the School for Wellbeing proposes to create a modest but effective momentum – 25-27 August 2011 – to take stock of what is happening in the world of alternative development, in Asia, Southeast Asia and the Mekong region, in order to contribute to empowering and re-positioning Thai and Asian change agents in the global transformation movement.
01 Dec 2012
School for Wellbeing Studies and Research is honored to have Helena Norberg-Hodge, the producer and director of the film ‘the Economics of Happiness’ for the Bangkok special screening on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 between 1:00-4:00 pm. at the 14 October 73 Memorial Conference Room, 14 October 73 Memorial Foundation, Rajadamnern Road, BKK.