School for Wellbeing
30 Mar 2015
The application for the Chula Right Livelihood Summer School (CURLS) 2015, aiming to inspire towards emerging appropriate creative leadership for social, inner and global transformation, now opens.
The Master Program in International Development Studies (MAIDS) at Chulalongkorn University, the Right Livelihood College, the School for Wellbeing, Sathirakoses Nagapradipa Foundation and Suan Nguen Mee Ma social enterprise welcome 25 people from diverse geographical areas around the world to participate in the CURL 2015 from July 24 through August 7, 2015. The Program is organized in various cities and provinces of Thailand, including Bangkok, Nakornnayok, Saraburi, Yasothorn, and Pathumthani.
The topic of the CURLS 2015 is Action Research: Empowering 'Right Livelihood' with the emphasis on urban - rural dynamics, food sovereignty and a new world economy in the making; Agroecology; Seeds autonomy of farmers; Food Cultures; Trational-indigenous wisdom; Cosmovisions.
For more information, please visit www.wellbeingsummer.wordpress.com
18 Nov 2014
Towards Organic Asia Partners Meeting 2014
Date: 8 - 12 December
Venue: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
8 - 9 DEC: TOA Action-Research Working Group
10 DEC: Excursion
11 - 12 DEC: TOA Partners Meeting
12 DEC: TOA Steering Committees Meeting
29 Aug 2014
Exchange Forum of Good Practices on
Alternative Markets in the Mekong-region/ASEAN/ASIA
Cooperation of Small-scale Farmers,
Social Enterprises and Green Consumers
Food, Farming, Happiness and the New Spirit
We can create our own markets
‘Organic Food for All’
Presentations and workshops with resource persons from: Japan, Indonesia, Myanmar, China, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand on
· CSA [Community Supported Agriculture]
· Consumer Cooperatives
· Urban gardens and consumer outreaching
· Learning and Distribution Centers – LDC’s
· Institutional consumers : Schools, Hospitals, Companies
· Social entrepreneur and Community enterprise
· Green market/Farmer market
· Young Farmers and Social Media
· Green shops, green catering, green delivery etc.
· PGS [Participatory Guarantee Systems]
22-24 August 2014, Srinakharinwirot University (SWU)
114 Sukhumvit 23, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
- School for Wellbeing Studies and Research
- Srinakharinwirot University (SWU)
- Towards Organic Asia [TOA]/Market and Consumer Education working group
- Project Promoting, Supporting and Capacity Building for Green Consumer Society
- Project to Develop Mechanism of Linking Producer and Consumer through Green Market Network
- Thai Green Market Network
- Suan Nguen Mee Ma social enterprise
- Thai Health Promotion Foundation
19 Jul 2014
Action Research Workshop and Rights Livelihood Lecture
2-12 July 2014, Thailand
CLICK HERE to open photo page
19 Jul 2014
3rdMekong Youth Alliance for Agroecology Workshop
2-12 AUG 2014
Songkla Province, Thailand
Strong regional network of new generation Mekong organic farmers inspiring the world.
Purpose of the workshop:
The workshop emphasizes on empowering roles of new generation organics and strengthening their learning capacities on systemic changes and challenges in farming and food resources. Main proposes for MekongYOFs Workshop 2014 are;
· To understand causes and changes in economic, social and environmental contexts in relation to farming and farmers’ livelihood in a holistic way.
· To exchange about changes mitigation and adaptation methods, tools, strategies and innovations (including marketing and product development) for improving farming conditions and learning.
· To strengthen network and cooperation among new generation organics (e.g. YOFs) under common vision of “Occupy Your Life” and add value to their existing works.
The expected results of the workshop are 2 folds; among MekongYOFs and to inspire wider groups and public;
· Diverse experiences and knowledge in farming from MekongYOFs are shared and captured.
· Practical knowledge and understanding of systemic changes and opportunities in farming gained among MekongYOFs to realize common vision.
· Strategy to realize common goal among MekongYOFs formulated as well as gained value in their existing workboth in individual and organizatioknal level
Inspire wider groups and public;
· Public understood and aware of MekongYOFs activities and dynamism.
The workshop consists of 4 main components;
1. Theory and learning tools – 30%
2. Practices and techniques – 50%
3. Sharing and exchanges – 10%
4. Culture and friendship – 10%
31 May 2014
Schedule and curriculum for the Summer School programme on Intercultural Dialogue on Food, Water and Wellbeing Economics is now available.
05 Nov 2013
Jakob von Uexküll (Sweden/Germany)
22 Oct 2013
Towards Organic Asia Partners Meeting 2013
Date: MON 18th – FRI 22nd NOV 2013
Place: Centre for Development Workers, Bulae In, Bago Region, Myanmar
Organizers: METTA Development Foundation and Towards Organic Asia Programme
§ Action-research workshop; 18 – 19 NOV (Working Group on Action-research)
§ Field excursion; 20 NOV
§ Partners meeting; 21 – 22 NOV
§ Steering committee meeting; 22 NOV (Closed group)
21 May 2013
International Forum on Innovating Alternative Markets towards Food Security and